Saturday, November 24, 2007

Throughout my life, my feelings toward a holiday were based in large part on my circumstances. For example, during elementary school, I really enjoyed EVERY SINGLE HOLIDAY, because it meant no school. This is the time in my life when I cared about Chinese New Year and UEA but not so much President's Day. Then came high school where I was really into Thanksgiving and Christmas because they were such large blocks of time off. I really didn't care for St. Patrick's Day or Martin Luther King Day. College, well in college, every day was a holiday... Then I worked in the chocolate business and grew to really dislike Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day and the whole month of December but the Fourth of July was pretty hot and definitely too hot to ship chocolate. At my corporate job in Boston, I started to hate bank holidays and all the lucky bank workers who didn't have to work on those days. But I really began to love Patriot's Day, because who doesn't love a day off from work in the middle of February. And now that I am working retail, I can safely say I am not thankful for the entire weekend that is the Thanksgiving weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home