Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The other day, I referred to "the Church" and it wasn't a reference to the Mormons, so I knew it was probably time for me to concentrate on my own religion for a little while. I decided to accomplish this by going to the temple in Belmont. The only problem with this idea is that I am physically unable to ever find this structure. Although this is often the case with me and almost all other locations in Boston...it's ridiculous that I experience it with the Belmont temple. The temple is located right off of Route 2 in Boston. When I say "right off," I mean the entire town of Belmont exercised every legislative process available to them to prevent the temple from being built as it would be visible from almost anywhere in the area. Every week I drive on Route 2 and never noticed this building with the spire an illegal number of feet in the air. It's like my own personal Hogwarts, in that it's mysteriously hidden from my view...However, when I resolved to go to the temple, I had faith that I would find it. I drove around for about 45 minutes completely NOT SEEING the temple...which is the same as driving down North TEMPLE in Salt Lake and not seeing the white granite TEMPLE.

After driving through all of Belmont, a little bit of western Cambridge and I think some parts of northern Connecticut, I realized it was going to take something a little more extreme than three sets of directions, seven maps and a person on the phone giving me step by step directions to get there. So, kids, meet the newest and possibly the most dedicated member of the ward choir.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home