Friday, February 11, 2005

At church last week, a girl got up to share her feelings about church and naturally she started off with the month of February, including how February is just a really hard month for us with the holidays coming up...and I was running through all the February holidays in my head and came up with President's Day. I like President's Day. It's a corporate holiday and that's what pretty much makes or breaks a holiday in my book. So I leaned over to Sarah and was like, "What is she talking about?"

Well, so, Valentine's Day is also in February. I also like Valentine's Day. I met a potential boyfriend at Stop and Shop last week. As has been the case with most of the guys I've met here, James was very steeped in the hip hop culture. He came up to me while I was buying my pinto beans and was like..."girl, g'on witch your fine self." And, I know I use the following phrase way too much in my posts now, but in UTAH if someone said something like that to me, I'd probably have laughed and told them to go back to the UVSC dance that they came from. Here, though, I think the hip hop culture is actually a reality for some people. So, I can't exactly laugh at someone's entire way of life...I can however, completely make fun of it on the internet. So, James went on to tell me he thought we should hook up, but I wouldn't give him my number. He asked why, and I thought about telling him that I don't give out my number to people who use hip hop phrases circa summer 2003 and that if he had used the word "crunk" things might have turned out a little differently. Instead I mumbled something about not giving my number to strangers. He then sealed his fate by saying, "but that's why I be here conversating wit you," and I felt like I was in some rap video gone horribly wrong. I grabbed my pinto beans, told him the one thing I could think of that would resolve the situation pretty quickly.

James, I feel that pre-marital sexual relations are a sin and I do not and will not have sex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home